Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Trays

I made up a few trays with Valentine's Day themed activities for this month. Most of these activities are geared toward Boo but Buzz enjoys them too!
Matching heart cards. I got this idea from Counting Coconuts.

Put the little guys with the balloons in size order, from Musings of Me.

Heart addition puzzles. This one is for Buzz.


Cards and counters. Cards are from Musings of Me.

Tracing pages. Also from Musings of Me.

Transferring beads with spoon.

Button snake. I've seen this idea in a few different places, but I first saw it at Counting Coconuts.

Transferring pony beads with tongs.

Clipping clothespins around the edge of a ramekin.

A Valentine's coloring craft I picked up at Michael's.

Lacing beads onto the matching pipe cleaner. This idea comes from Counting Coconuts too!

Sorting beads.


Our sensory tub is also getting a lot use!

And we have a book basket filled with Valentine's Day books:
The Story of Valentine's Day by Nancy J. Skarmeas
The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting
If You'll Be My Valentine by Cynthia Rylant
Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane deGroat
I Lost My Kisses by Trudie Trewin
Love, Splat by Rob Scotton
Valentine Mice! by Bethany Roberts
Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine by Herman Parish

I linked this to Preschool Corner


5 comments:

  1. I love the addition hearts!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these ideas! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The math addition hearts are probably a long way away for us, but I am bookmarking this cause thats so fun! :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart addition puzzles! Great job! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun activities!!! I especially love the addition hearts! Thanks so much for linking to me :-)

    ReplyDelete