Sunday, August 7, 2011

Poor Bean!

Bean had a little mishap on Thursday afternoon. She was playing in the living room with Buzz and Boo and fell on her leg the wrong way. She cried a little bit, but as soon as I picked her up and comforted her, she seemed fine. I put her right into her high chair because it was lunch time and she ate her lunch just fine and then she played in her high chair for a bit longer while I cleaned up the kitchen after lunch.
By the time I got her out of her high chair, it had been about an hour since she had fallen and I had pretty much forgotten about it. But when I went to set her down on the floor she tried to walk, her left leg buckled and she started to cry. I wasn't sure what was going on so I set her back up to try to walk again, but the same thing happened. She tried a few more times to get back up on her own but every time she fell back down and began to cry. At this point I was concerned so I called Ruben and picked him up at work and we all headed to the emergency room.
At the emergency room they took an x-ray of her leg. I really wasn't thinking that it was anything too serious because unless she was trying to stand on it, she was her normal happy self. Then the doctor came in and told us that she had a small buckle fracture in the fibula. They put her leg in a splint in the ER.
The next day I took her to get her cast put on. The doctor said that she will be in the cast for 4-6 weeks depending on how well she is healing. I was concerned that Bean was going to be miserable, not being able to walk around for that long. The doctor assured me that she would come up with a way to get around and if she figured out a way to walk on the cast then it wouldn't hurt her recovery at all. And wouldn't you know, less than 24 hours after the cast was put on, she was walking! I was relieved to see that a broken leg isn't going to slow her down!

No comments:

Post a Comment