Friday, September 9, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal- 9 September 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal  

In my life this week…

We had a low-key beginning to the week, just stayed near home.

Ruben got back into town on Wednesday night and had Thursday and Friday off so the second half of the week has been lots of family time!

We also took care of fall clothes for the kids this week. Packed away most of the summer clothes, went through every one's dresser and closet to find what still fits and looked through hand-me-downs to see what we can use and what can be passed on to others. Then we headed out shopping to fill in the gaps.


 In our homeschool this week…

We worked on week 2 of Adventures in My Father's World.

Buzz started a homeschool art class on base on Thursday that he is really enjoying.

Today was our orientation for the co-op that we joined this year. Everyone was very friendly and I think it's going to be a lot of fun!


 Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We have an end of summer pool party to go to for our Life Group after church on Sunday. It will be one of the last group events our family will be able to go to before we move :(


 My favorite thing this week was…

Seeing how excited Buzz, Boo and Bean were when Ruben walked in the door after being away for the week.


I’m reading…

I'm still working on Family Album by Penelope Lively, hoping to finish it this weekend.


I’m cooking…

Dinners again! Really, maybe it's just me but I just don't feel like cooking much in the summer. We mostly eat sandwiches and what not when it's hot out. Now that fall is here (well in my mind, no one has bothered to tell the weather yet) I'm back to menu planning.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

The night Ruben got back into town. The kids were so happy that Daddy made it home in time to put them to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment